Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Inkstick of the calligraphy


It is the Inkstick (sumi) which it bought dozens of years ago.
The Inkstick becomes the moderate it that time passes.
While I live, I may not use all Inksticks I have.


There is the round Inkstick. Various sculptures are given.
This Inkstick expresses a rat (ne) of the twelve signs of Earthly Branches. Therefore, there are 12 kinds of designs.
It is one of the culture of the Far East.


My relative is doing calligraphy of the big size.

Please watch my ink brush, click here.
Please watch my ink stone, click here.

5 comments:

  1. It is verys, very interesting for me to see your equipment... i am working a lot with paper, canvas, brushes and pencils by myself but never tried calligraphy. it always looks so easy if i see it on TV for example but i am sure it is real art and quite the opposite of being "easy". i imagine it has a lot to do with feelings, hasn´t it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so beautiful! Your blog is so interesting for me!
    By the way, thank you for your lovely comments on mines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way she make calligraphy.


    Laby[mens overcoats]

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are from another world. For me, it might be possible to see Japan only on TV, but I would really like to make some signs in the Japanese soil once.
    Great work you have here. It gives me peace...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would you please translate into English what the writing is that is on the inkstick box in your photo at the top of this page. I have the same box and wondered what the Japanese symbols mean. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following my blog,
and enjoying precious time with me.